What we do
Scottish Book Trust is a national charity changing lives through reading and writing. Scottish Book Trust believes that books and reading have the power to change lives. As a national charity, we inspire and support the people of Scotland to read and write for pleasure.
- We give free books to every child in Scotland to ensure families of all backgrounds can share the joy of books at home.
- We work with teachers to inspire children to develop a love of reading, creating innovative classrooms activities, book awards and author events programme.
- We support Scotland’s diverse writing community with our training, awards and writing opportunities
- We fund a range of author events for the public to enjoy and promote Scottish writing to people worldwide
- We work for a Scotland where everyone has an equal opportunity to thrive through literacy.
If you would like to stay up-to-date with all our projects, events, blogs and opportunities, sign up to our e-Newsletter here.
Scottish Book Trust is proud to be part of Literature Alliance Scotland which works to support literature