What we do
In the past year we have invested £3million to:
- Inspire readers and writers across Scotland
- Deliver Book Week Scotland – the country’s first national celebration of books and reading
- Reach every baby in Scotland through our Bookbug book gifting programme, and hundreds of thousands of families through Bookbug sessions
- Help fund over 1,200 literature events, bringing writers to 50,000 readers in their communities
- Carry out the biggest children’s book awards in the UK, judged by 32,000 Scottish schoolchildren, and beam Authors Live events to almost 700,000 pupils with BBC Scotland Learning
- Provide online book lists, blogs, and resources for over 375,000 readers, writers and learning professionals
- Develop learning materials to support teachers in inspiring children to read and write
- Nurture new and established writing talent in Scotland through our New Writers Awards, Ardtornish Retreat, Young Writers Awards and many other opportunities
- Support vulnerable families and young adult learners to develop literacy skills through our Assertive Outreach and SKINT! projects
- Encourage people to write and submit their personal stories for publication in a book distributed free across the country
If you would like to stay up-to-date with all our projects, events, podcasts, blogs and opportunities, sign up to our e-Newsletters here.
For our Contact details and further information on accessibility, please click the appropriate link at the top of the homepage.
Thanks for visiting and enjoy your next reading journey!