Book Truths: Terms and Conditions
1. The competition will be organised and administered by Scottish Book Trust (the “Organisers”).
2. Entry to the competition is open to all. However, residents outside the UK (including Channel Islands and the Isle of Man), must be willing to cover postage costs should they win the prize.
3. Entrants must write an opinion piece of 150 words or more based on the question provided. Entrants may submit only one entry.
4. Entries must submitted via email, to email@example.com. We welcome entries in Scots or Gaelic. If you have any questions about the competition, please send them to the same address.
6. Closing time for entries is clearly stated on the competition page. Submissions received after this time will not be considered. Entries will not be returned so please remember to keep a copy.
7. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The Organisers accept no liability if entrants ignore these rules and entrants agree to fully indemnify the Organisers against any claims by any third party arising from any breach of these rules.
8. Entries must not contain anything which is calculated to bring the Organisers into disrepute.
9. Entrants retain the copyright in their entries but grant Scottish Book Trust a non-exclusive licence to use their entry for publication on the Scottish Book Trust website as well as for any promotional purpose.
10. By entering the competition, entrants warrant that they have legal capacity to enter the competition and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
11. Entries will be judged by a team from Scottish Book Trust.
12. The winners will be contacted by a member of the Scottish Book Trust team within a two week period after the competition has closed. If the winner cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, the Organisers reserve the right to offer the prize to another entry picked by the judging team.
13. The prize consists of one book selected by the judging team. The prize is as stated and cannot be deferred or transferred. There will be no cash alternatives. There will be no payment for any story that is published.
14. The Organisers’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. The Organisers reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside its control. In this event, a notice will be posted on the Scottish Book Trust website.
16. The Organisers, their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any server, Internet access, system or otherwise which may result in any entry being lost or not properly registered or recorded. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
17. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Scotland.