Bookbug's November Roundup: top weblinks for parents
Want to find out what's been happening in the world of Bookbug and beyond? Take a look at Bookbug's top weblinks for parents from November.
Books and reading
- Our Book of the Month is the quirky This Book Just Ate My Dog! by Richard Byrne. Little ones will love helping Bella rescue her dog from the pages of the book. You’ve still got a few days left to enter the competition, so hurry! If that wasn’t exciting enough, we also have a list of interactive books for little ones to enjoy.
- If you need more inspiration for your next read, take a look at the latest Guardian Family book reviews.
- There’s been lots of exciting things happening during Book Week Scotland and we hope you’ve enjoyed an event near you! We’ve also been running a competition to win an illustrated family portrait from Bookbug. Send us your Storytime Selfies by Monday 1 December for your chance to win.
- Bookbug has also been busy gifting a free bag of books to every P1 child in Scotland! We hope you’ll enjoy sharing the pack books together.
- Play Talk Read have got some great tips to help you make the most out of reading with your little ones.
- Bring a book to life with this brilliant stick hunt from Playing with Words 365 inspired by Julia Donaldson’s Stick Man.
Catch up on the latest blogs
- Have you made a reading pledge for Book Week Scotland 2014? It’s not too late! We’ve got some great ideas to get you started.
- Brighten up a chilly day by listening to some tracks from our brand new Bookbug Pirate CD! You can read more about the project on our blog.
- How do you read with children of different ages? The Bookbug Detective has some hints and tips for parents.
- Nicola Davies explores how reading Non-Fiction books can ignite your child’s curiosity.
- Do you share a filtered version of your life on social media? Have a giggle at this ‘Insta-sham’ blog on Netmums.
Play, craft and food
- Babies love exploring different textures and shapes. Try making a DIY Touch and Feel Board from Happily Ever Mom.
- If your little ones love cats, try making these cute toilet roll kittens!
To keep up with Bookbug news as it happens and much more, join us on Twitter @Bookbug_SBT.