Booktrawler: Best of the Web, Friday 5 April
Hey there, internet!
As you can imagine, at Scottish Book Trust, we spend a lot of time talking about books. We also spend a lot of time reading about books, sharing articles about books, looking at memes about books and watching videos about books.
In fact, we spend so much time doing this that we decided to put the Scottish Book Trust hive mind to good use, and share the best of the countless stories, memes, gifs, videos and podcasts about books that we’ve found or been sent with YOU, every week!
So here on Friday 5 April check out our first ever ‘Best of the Web’:
- We love these amazing pictures of famous authors as teenagers. Don’t you think young Neil Gaiman looks like Adam Driver from HBO's Girls?
- What books would you put on Don Draper from Mad Men’s reading list? Flavorwire tells us what they think.
- New posters for the Great Gatsby have been released, over at Book Riot! We love the bling/art deco combo they have gone for.
- Vice’s ‘100 Literary Rumours’ are actually hilarious. Let’s spread them far and wide and hope they catch on. Be warned though, some are not-so-safe-for-work! Here are our favourites:
T. C. Boyle ghostwrote the screenplay for Mrs. Doubtfire.
Philip K. Dick despised coffee tables.
- Huffington Post are reporting on ‘Why Amazon Bought Goodreads’. Short answer: because lots of you use it to pick what to read next. Read more at the link.
- Last, but not least, HBO’s adaptation of Game of Thrones started again this week and the internet is pretty excited about it. Read Lindy West’s excellent (but strong language-featuring) FAQ to get up to speed on what’ about to happen! ‘Mega Boobs and Snow Zombies: Your Last Minute Game of Thrones FAQ’ via Jezebel.
Seen a great meme or a read a great blog about books this week? Let us know in the comments below!