Booktrawler: Best of the Web, Friday 12 April
It’s Friday afternoon which means it’s once again time for us to round up the best book content of what we’ve been reading, watching and listening to this week.
We've cast our net wide and have come up with a cornucopia of book news, so sit down and dig in to this week’s Booktrawler!
- First up we love this library made from shipping containers (image above). What an amazing piece of architecture! Book Patrol have more images and sneak peek inside here.
- Our web editor has discovered ‘Paper and Salt’ a food blog that combines iconic authors and the food they discuss in their novels, journals and letters. I loved Alexandre Dumas’ defense of the humble potato, and the Marquis de Sade on chocolate makes for a delicious read. Best of all, it comes with actual recipes!
- Over at DC Comics, Batgirl writer Gail Simone is being applauded for the being the first writer to introduce an openly transgendered character into a non-fantasy, non-mature readers title. The internet and the world in general are very happy about it!
- Missing your favourite mystery paper sculptor? Why not check out this beautiful paper art over at Picame
- Flavorwire have yet another great list of books – ’21 Books By And About Women That Every Man Should Read’.
- Last but not least – check out these gorgeous fan-designed book covers for classic novels! We love this version of Fahrenheit 451, designed by Elizabeth Perez.
Seen a great books blog you think we’d love? Let us know in the comments below!