Bringing Picture Books to Life
About the Training
This training session combines practical activities with best-practice academic research to support practitioners to bring picture books to life with children aged 3 to 5 years old.
Course Aims and Objectives
The variety of activities and information included in this course are designed to:
- Boost practitioner confidence with sharing picture books with groups of children
- Improve understanding of how to use the voice to engage parents and children
- Help practitioners consider different kinds of picture books and how these impact on various aspects of a child's language and literacy development
- Encourage practitioners to extend or embellish familiar stories
- Explain the difference between storytelling and reading aloud
Course Length: 3 hours
Delegate Numbers: 12 to 20 people
Delegates must be both:
- working with groups of children aged 3-5 years
- Wanting to develop the way they read aloud with children
Attending or Arranging a Training Session
Individuals - fill out the form on our main training page and ask to be added to our alert list for the course you are interested in. We will email you when a training course is available in your area. If you are not sure you are eligible for any of them, please drop us an email or give us a call.
Groups - if you have a number of people eligible for a particular training course we may be able to organise an in-house session. Fill out the form on our main training page to request an in-house session. Please see above for the delegate number limitations.
Bringing Picture Books to Life is the new name for Bookbug Story Time Training. If you have attended Bookbug Story Time Training you do not need to also attend Bringing Picture Books to Life.