Student Introduction to Bookbug
About the Training
This interactive training session will introduce students to the Bookbug Programme, Scotland’s national book gifting programme for early years children, which is designed to support families to share books, talk, sing and read together from birth.
Course Aims and Objectives
The variety of activities and information included in this course are designed to:
- Introduce students to the Bookbug programme and its purpose (including the Bookbug Bags and Bookbug Sessions)
- Highlight how the Bookbug programme supports national early years policies and objectives
- Help students to understand the large evidence base that informs the Bookbug programme including how Bookbug supports early literacy, bonding and attachment
- Give students the confidence to incorporate stories, songs and rhymes into their future workplaces and understanding of how this makes a difference
- Enable students to champion and make use of Bookbug in their future workplaces
Course Length: 2 hours
Delegate Numbers: 12 to 30 Students
Suitable for students studying towards a variety of qualifications covering:
- Health Visiting (also includes information on gifting Bookbug Baby and Toddler bags as part of the Universal Health Visiting Pathway in Scotland with key messages to support families)
- Early Education and Childcare
- Speech and Language
- Social Work
- Midwifery (Includes evidence on the benefits of sharing stories, songs and rhymes before the birth of the baby, and role of the midwife in promoting this to new parents).
The course is adapted to suit each course’s aims and objectives.
Attending or Arranging a Training Session
Groups - This training course is arranged through a course leader or lecturer.
If you have a number of students eligible we may be able to organise a training session. Fill out the form on our main training page to request an in-house session. Please see above for the number limitations.
Individuals – If you are an individual student and you are interested in this course, please encourage your course leader or lecturer to get in touch with us to arrange a training session for your class.