Bookbug Primary 1 Family Bag CLPL
For P1 Teachers, School Literacy Co-ordinators and Librarians
This November, the Bookbug Primary 1 Family Bag will be given to every Primary 1 child in Scotland in celebration of Book Week Scotland. The P1 Bag contains the 3 shortlisted books for the Bookbug Picture Book Prize and other exciting resources for families.
The Bookbug Primary 1 Bag is an excellent tool to promote stronger links between home and school learning – and a great way to engage children and their families with the joy of reading.
Course aims and learning outcomes
This year the FREE CLPL session will include:
- Fun and practical bag gifting ideas including why these are important for children and parents and how this can help support attainment
- Ideas for library or classroom activities based on the 3 books
- Ideas to create links between schools and libraries
- How to take part in the Bookbug Picture Book Prize and Book Week Scotland
Course Length: 1 ½ hours
Delegate Numbers: 20 to 50 people
- Be a P1 Teacher, School Literacy Co-ordinator, Primary School Head teacher or Librarian
- Be involved in gifting the Bookbug Primary 1 Family Bag to children and families
Future Training Sessions
The CLPL dates for 2018 have already take place. This type of training is run once a year during the autumn term. If you would be interested in having a session held in your local authority in 2019, you can register you interested by filling out the form on our main training page.