Logos, Images and Branding
This page contains the standard Bookbug and Scottish Book Trust logos which can be downloaded and used on your local resources and website.
Before using the logos, please read the branding guidelines below.
Please remember that Bookbug is funded by the Scottish Government and the Bookbug brand cannot be used to promote commercial, political or religious interests. If you have any questions about how and when you can use Bookbug please contact email@example.com.
Use of Logos
For all communications and advertising materials intended for families, practitioners and other professionals, please use both the standard Bookbug logo and the Scottish Book Trust logo.
- Bookbug print logo (for print use, CMYK colours)
- Bookbug digital logo (for online or screen use, RGB colours)
- Scottish Book Trust logo (JPG for print)
You can also use the following logos to promote Bookbug Sessions, the Bookbug Bags or Bookbug for different ages:
- Bookbug Baby logo – print use or web use
- Bookbug Toddler logo – print use or web use
- Bookbug Explorer logo (for children aged 3) – print use or web use
- Bookbug Sessions illustration – print use or web use
- Bookbug’s Sports Day illustration – print use or web use
- Bookbug’s Bedtime Story illustration – print use or web use
Bookbug Bag Images
Images of the Bookbug Bags and their contents are also available for promoting the Bookbug programme in your area. Click on any of the images in the gallery to download them.
If you require any of these logos or images in a different format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Branding is important in linking the key messages of the Bookbug programme, ensuring that parents and carers connect Bookbug Bags with Bookbug Sessions and reading with their children.
Consistently using Bookbug branding will deepen the impact of your local programme and therefore promote the message of family book-sharing across Scotland. You can also benefit from the free promotional resources, printed items, logos and images we can provide to help support your local programme.
The key elements of the Bookbug brand are:
Many Bookbug Coordinators have found the following examples of branding to be effective in their local programmes:
- Using the word ‘Bookbug’ when discussing the programme
- Using the Bookbug logo on literature and webpages relating to the programme
- Ensuring that the message of ‘enjoying books together’ is highlighted at each event
- Staff wearing a Bookbug t-shirt and using the Bookbug doll when leading Bookbug Sessions
- Arranging for the Bookbug mascot costume to attend your major Bookbug events
- Decorating your venue with Bookbug materials e.g. banners, posters, etc.
- Displaying Bookbug bags at events.
The Bookbug Brand Values are:
Universal: for everyone regardless of wealth, class, gender, ethnic background or ability
Inspirational: planting the seed for a life-long love of books and reading
Engaging: parents/carers and their children are encouraged to take part and connect with each other
Fun: having fun is key for parents/carers and their children to form lasting bonds
Professional: the programme is underpinned by research and informed by early years experts