CLPL Materials and Further Information
Schools across Scotland will receive their Read Write Count bags for P2 and P3 children between September-November of this year. To help teachers, librarians and other learning professionals get involved with Read, Write, Count and prepare for gifting the bags in autumn, we developed a range of materials.
- Information documents for primary schools, libraries and CLD professionals telling you everything you need to know about the bags, when they will arrive, who to contact for more information and what’s in each bag.
- For teachers in Gaelic Medium Education, an information document telling you everything you need to know about the bags, when they will arrive, who to contact for more information and what’s in each bag.
- Advice and ideas on how to gift the bags.
- A presentation you could use to explain Read, Write, Count to parents. The presentation is fully adaptable and comes with notes which you can use and adapt.
- A presentation you could use to tell staff and partner organisations about Read, Write, Count. The presentation is fully adaptable and comes with notes which you can use and adapt.
- Template letters you can use to send home to parents of P2 and P3 children to tell them about Read, Write, Count and to send to any partner organisations you work with. These are fully adaptable so you can tailor them to what’s happening in your school.
Bags started arriving at local authorities from early September and we encourage schools to gift the bags to children during Book Week Scotland (21 – 27 November 2016).
If you have any questions about Read, Write, Count in your area, please contact the nominated person in your local authority. You can find their details here.
We are looking for teachers, schools, libraries and CLD professionals who would like to help us develop case studies for Read, Write, Count. If you’d like to be involved, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
We'd like to extend a special thank you to Emily Sinclair of Bankton Primary School who worked with us on the Read, Write, Count resource packs.