About The Scottish Book Trust Awards
The Scottish Book Trust Awards, in association with Browns Books for Students, are awarded annually to one author or illustrator and one learning professional who have had an inspiring impact on young readers in Scotland.
On 31 May 2017 at a reception at The National Library of Scotland, we announced our inaugural winners:
- The winner of the Outstanding Achievement Award is Mairi Hedderwick, writer and illustrator of the hugely popular Katie Morag series.
- The winner of the Learning Professional Award is Susan Morton, school librarian at Inverclyde Academy, who has transformed attitudes to reading amongst pupils at the school.
Our judging panel would also like to highly commend the following individulals for the Learning Professional Award:
- Catherine Ann Campbell, School Assistant, Braesclete School, Comhairle nan Eilean Siar
- Kirsten Hume, Principal Teacher of English and Literacy, Kirkcaldy High School, Fife
- Lindsey Barley, Depute Head Teacher, Musselburgh Burgh Primary School, East Lothian
Catch up on the excitement of the awards ceremony in our exclusive video!
Nominate your 2018 winner
We believe that the work being done by teachers and librarians across Scotland to inspire children and young people to read for pleasure is worth celebrating, which is why we created the Learning Professional Award.
We will be opening nominations for the 2018 Scottish Book Trust Learning Professional Award from 22 August - 22 November 2017. These nominations will then be considered by our judging panel.
Has one of your colleagues inspired children and young people to read for pleasure? Have you been involved in an innovative project which has transformed attitudes to reading in your school? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Nomination forms will be available from 22 August 2017, so if you would like to nominate yourself or a colleague for this award, please put this date in your diary! Sign up for our Schools e-newsletterto be sent a reminder.
If you have any questions about the Scottish Book Trust Awards, please email email@example.com or phone the Scottish Book Trust office (0131 524 0160) and ask for a member of the Schools team.