Performance and Presentation
Performance and Presentation is currently closed for applications. Please sign up to our eUpdate for further opportunities for writers.
Do you want to make more of your readings and events? Would you like to engage better with your audience? Are you terrified of reading in front of people?
Performance and Presentation is specifically tailored for writers and will help you to bring your writing to life, perform better and overcome nerves.
Festivals and literary events are an important part of promoting your work and a great way of connecting with your audience, however even experienced performers do not always get the most out of their readings.
In previous courses, writers with years of event experience have benefited, as well as those too terrified to take the stage.
The Course Leader
Alex Gillon is an experienced Voice and Speech specialist who has worked extensively in theatre as well as television and film. Over the past few years she has used her expertise as a consultant in Presentation and Vocal Communication. She has worked with Scottish Book Trust for over ten years.
Eligibility: Performance and Presentation is open to published authors (not self-published), and screenwriters and playwrights with a production track record.
Contracted Scottish Book Trust staff are not eligible to apply for any writer development opportunity (including the LLF database).
What previous participants had to say:
- Great day. Alex was excellent, full of energy and also very knowledgeable.
- I found the day extremely interesting, informative and (surprisingly) fun. Alex was excellent!
- Very interesting and different. Great to hear experience of others. Alex very professional and helpful.
- Very interesting, informative and entertaining
- Very helpful. Thank you for putting this workshop on.