Performance and Presentation
Do you want to make more of your readings and events? Would you like to engage better with your audience? Are you terrified of reading in front of people?
Performance and Presentation is specifically tailored for writers to help you bring your writing to life, captivate an audience and overcome nerves.
Festivals and literary events are an important part of promoting your work and a great way of connecting with your audience, however even experienced performers do not always get the most out of their readings.
Previous courses have been attended by writers with years of event experience, as well as those to terrified to take to the stage.
What they had to say:
- I found the day extremely interesting, informative and (surprisingly) fun. Alex was excellent!
- Great day. Alex was excellent, full of energy and also very knowledgeable.
- Very interesting and different. Great to hear experience of others. Alex very professional and helpful.
- Very interesting, informative and entertaining
- Very helpful. Thank you for putting this workshop on.
The Course Leader
Alex Gillon is an experienced Voice and Speech specialist who has worked extensively in theatre as well as television and film. Over the past few years she has used her expertise as a consultant in Presentation and Vocal Communication. She has worked with Scottish Book Trust for over eight years.
Performance and Presentation is open to published authors (this does not include self-published authors) screenwriters and playwrights with a production track record.
Scottish Book Trust is committed to providing equal opportunity to everyone with whom it works. If you have specific access requirements, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate your needs. This information is available in alternative formats, including large print format on request.