Book Week Scotland 2012 round-up
Ryan Van Winkle hosts a jam-packed Book Week Scotland special for the second episode of Bookmarked. Book Week Scotland took place from 26 Nov - 2 Dec and incorporated over 350 book-centred events across the length and breadth of Scotland, in libraries, theatres, community centres, schools and pretty much anywhere booklovers could think of.
On the podcast we have:
- Alexander McCall Smith reading his contribution to the My Favourite Place book
- Scottish Book Trust's Jeanette Harris talking about guarding one of the Book Sculptures for the Book Week Scotland Treasure Hunt, and student Jemma explaining how she followed the clues and found one of the sculptures.
- JL Williams and two young adults discussing the Young Writers Conference, their workshops, including examples of cut-up poetry (pictured right) - and their 5 favourite books
- Novelist and screenwriter Frank Cottrell Boyce talking about his top 2 screenplays and why he doesn't read his children's books to his own children
- Clive Gilman from Dundee Contemporary Arts (DCA) on their Book Week Scotland programme
- Translator Brian Holton reading a Chinese poem in Mandarin and in a Scots translation
- Nicola Balkind discussing her week traversing Scotland as the Book Week Scotland blogger
Listen to the interviews and add your comments below.