Fun with Reading
Sharing books with children has many wonderful benefits and it will give you the opportunity to cuddle up, relax and share a special moment with your child. And remember, it's never too early or late to start!
Reading with your child can:
- Develop your child’s language skills
- Help you bond with your child
- Help your child feel more relaxed
- Boost your child’s confidence
- Encourage your child to draw and write
- Give your child a head start in life
Most importantly, it’s lots of fun! Take a trip to your local library and borrow a variety of fantastic books for free. If you need some inspiration for what to read next, take a look at our themed book lists.
We've also got some great tips for making the most of sharing books with children of all ages below.
|Sharing Books with Babies||Sharing Books with Toddlers|
|Sharing Books with Children with Additional Support Needs||Research|