General volunteer terms and conditions
- The number of individual gifters we can supply with books is dependent on demand and delivery costs. We will confirm whether you have been accepted as a gifter by November 7th 2016.
- Book Week Scotland volunteers must be 18 or over on 25th October 2016 and must be resident in Scotland
- The volunteer should take account of health and safety considerations when planning how to give the books, Book Week Scotland accepts no responsibility for this
- Volunteers should not gift books to anyone who, to the best of the volunteer's knowledge, is under the age of 16.
- Book Week Scotland editions are not for resale anywhere including online or for charity
- By applying to be a volunteer for Book Week Scotland you agree to commit to:
- Have read Secrets and Confessions before you gift it
- Give out 25 copies of the book between 21st and 27th November to those who don’t regularly read, adhering as best you can to the information you gave us when you applied to be a volunteer
- To ensure that those you are gifting the book to know it is part of Book Week Scotland
- Help share your love of reading to inspire others in your community to read more
- Scottish Book Trust will deliver the Book Week Scotland books to the address you provided. It will be your responsibility to distribute the books thereafter.
- Any expenses incurred in distributing the books during Book Week Scotland are your responsibility
- Scottish Book Trust will do everything in our power to ensure that books arrive at your address on time but can take no responsibility for books after they have left our distribution centre and will not be liable in any way for any losses or damages
- By applying to be a Book Week Scotland gifter you agree to being contacted by Scottish Book Trust about the Book Week Scotland book gifting programme, including evaluation after Book Week Scotland.
These terms and conditions were adapted from the World Book Night volunteer terms and conditions