Closing date: Friday 5 September 2014 at noon
Salary: £24,000 p.a. full-time, permanent
Reporting to: Head of Marking (HoM)
Responsible for: x1 staff (part-time)
Scottish Book Trust (SBT) is the leading agency for the promotion of literature, reading and writing in Scotland. The Senior Website Editor will work with the Head of Marketing to develop and implement an effective web strategy, lead its web strategy, and manage its successful and constantly growing website.
The ideal candidate will be an original thinker with intimate knowledge of web strategy and web content management and at least 3 years’ experience working on large, dynamic websites. The role requires excellent communication skills, the ability to lead and the ability to generate brilliant web content from concept to finely-tuned finished product. Knowledge of Drupal is desirable as is a love of books and reading.
- Develop and implement web strategy with the HoM, including:
- Plan and oversee web content for individual projects with teams within SBT, ensuring web priorities are considered and incorporated in all projects.
- Oversee and maintain the structure and navigation of the website
- develop web campaigns and content together with the Website Editor, Press Manager and Digital Marketing Co-ordinator
- Update website content regularly with the help of the Website Editor to attract repeat visitors:
- Plan content focus for website homepage and section landing pages every week
- Oversee and ensure delivery of blog schedules
- Process staff updates of site content via Basecamp; proofing, editing, refining and publishing content as required
- Assist staff with content development requests, and prioritise implementation of developments
- Work with the Digital Marketing Co-ordinator to identify popular content and ways of building audiences
- Seek and file images
- Develop and maintain website functionality:
- Liaise with Drupal support agencies/freelancers for site functional development and bugs troubleshooting
- Work within the Drupal-based CMS to develop views, blocks, landing pages and other site display sections
- Line manage the (part-time) Website Editor
- Any other duties as required to meet the business needs of Scottish Book Trust.
- Experience of developing company-wide web and digital strategy
- Experience of web content management
- Demonstrable experience of creating and editing content for large and dynamic websites
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to generate fresh ideas for web content
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Significant knowledge and experience using HTML, Photoshop, audio and video editing applications
- Knowledge of Drupal CMS desirable
- Excellent attention to detail
- Interest in books, reading and writing
The Senior Web Editor will be based at Scottish Book Trust’s offices in central Edinburgh.
To apply, please fill out the Scottish Book Trust Application Form in full, along with the optional Equal Opportunity form, and return them by email to email@example.com by no later than Friday 5 September 2014 at noon. Interviews will be held on Monday 15 September 2014 at our Edinburgh office.
Scottish Book Trust is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from disabled people. We will interview all applicants who meet the essential criteria for the job.
This information is available in large print format on request. If you need assistance with making your application or arrangements made for interview, please contact us for advice.
The post may involve working with young people and vulnerable adults, therefore appointment will be conditional upon securing clearance through the PVG scheme administered by Disclosure Scotland.