Thank you for your interest in joining our team. Scottish Book Trust is committed to promoting Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community. For further information, please see the attachments below.
If you have any queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Laura on 0131 524 0160
Thank you for your interest in Scottish Book Trust. We are currently have no vacancies.
Closed for Applications
Writer Development Administrative Assistant
Salary: Grade 1- £16,400- £17,999 pro rata
Part-time (2 days a week, days of work to be arranged)
Fixed term (5 months)
Reporting to: Writer Development Co-ordinator
Key relationships: Writer Development Co-ordinator, Young Writers Co-ordinator and Live Literature and Writer Development Administrator.
The Writer Development programme offers writers and illustrators living and working in Scotland the opportunity to enhance and develop their skills through a range of opportunities. It aims to equip writers with the skills they need to find an audience for their work, make a living from their words and help them find new ways to achieve their goals.
The Writer Development Administrative Assistant will work closely with key members of the Writer Development team to provide administrative support for the delivery of our awards programmes and events as well as handling general writing queries.
- Processing applications and submissions in collaboration with the Writer Development Co-ordinator and Young Writers Co-ordinator
- Assisting with setting up meetings, travel arrangements and paying expenses
- Providing support at events, including the New Writers Awards Showcase and Young Writers Mentoring training day
- Updating our list of industry contacts and distributing the New Writers Awards Sampler
- Helping to process evaluation data for our programmes as needed
- Answering general writing and publishing queries
- Supporting the Writer Development Online Content Co-ordinator with the development of online writing resources
- Any support to the Writer Development team as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Excellent administration, organisational and time-management skills, with the ability to work with multiple priorities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Thorough copy editing and proofreading skills
- IT skills, including ability to use Excel, Word, E-mail, Internet browsers and databases
- Good people skills and the ability to work within a team
- An interest in writing and publishing
This role will be based in the SBT offices in Edinburgh.
Some out-of-hours working will be required.
Appointment will be conditional on securing basic clearance from Disclosure Scotland.
Deadline for Applications
Wednesday 24 August, 12 noon
Interviews will be held Wednesday 7 September
How to apply
To apply for this post please complete a Scottish Book Trust Application Form along with the Equal Opportunities form and email them to email@example.com
For further information, please contact Lynsey.firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 0131 524 0160