Fundraise for Us
With your support, we can continue our life-changing reading and writing programmes.
There are so many ways that you can fundraise for Scottish Book Trust – fundraise at work, at school, with your local club or society, or in your community.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Have a book sale or a book swap – help spread a love of reading and raise money at the same time.
- Organise a quiz night – get your friends/work colleagues together and have a quiz night. Charge an entry fee per team. You can also consider having a raffle on the night.
- Hold a bake sale – ask your friends and colleagues to bake for books! You could even introduce an element of competition and have a bake off with a judge.
- Have a dress up or down day – dress up as your favourite book character or have a dress casual day in return for a donation.
- Take part in a challenge event – join a walk, run or cycle challenge and ask friends to sponsor you. Don’t forget to set up your own justgiving page so people can easily support you.
- Host a dinner party – cook for your friends in return for a donation.
- Organise a bag pack in your local supermarket – the manager or community champion at your local supermarket will be able to help you secure a date.
- Nominate us as your charity of the year at work or at your local club/society – if you need help with information for the nomination, please contact us.
- Have an Olympic Games sweepstake – pay a donation to pick a country. The person who has the country with the most medals wins a prize.
For advice and support and to receive your free copy of our fundraising toolkit with top tips on how to make your fundraising a success, contact Victoria Sampson on 0131 524 0160 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Read about other ways to get involved with Scottish Book Trust.
Planning an event? You can download blank posters below to use in your promotion!